Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Return to La Collective Parisienne

The narrow Rue François-Miron is famous for these two 16th century buildings.
It is also where Bill and I found our favourite Paris restaurant: La Collective Parisienne.
We wrote about it in May, but since we visited so very many times we wanted to show you some more pictures. We fondly remember some of the volunteers -- like Mara,
Pierrick,
Daniel and Emmanuelle -- all so cheerful and competent.
Every day, what we affectionally call the CP, featured a new entrée, plat principal and dessert,
always with a vegetarian option,
and always served on vintage crockery.
I was taught as a child not to play with my food.
At the CP I rediscovered that child.
Bill and I were fascinated by their collection of antique plates and cups,
shelved in a forgiving jumble.
I so enjoyed my coffee in this mismatched cup and saucer!
Another time I got it in this sweet espresso cup.
On our final lunch Katia made a fuss over us.
She had told us to come and say good-bye before we left: "Don't disappear," she had said, touchingly.
Goodbye, Katia, goodbye, Sandrine, goodbye, CP!
A bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment