Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Wet Collections

Bill and I were enthralled by the Wet Collections at Berlin's Natural History Museum.
This display of a million creatures stored in 276,000 glass vials opened to the public in 2010.
Visually it is stunning.
Guaranteed to set your imagination aflame.
Bill and I were particularly drawn to these photogenic  flatfish.
We imagine the quality of our nightmares has been significantly enhanced by this visit.
Perhaps it comes as a relief that even nightmares must be cleaned and dusted.

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, A little too much like an Alien movie. I've never been too keen on these ones LOL
    I like the colours in the photos though.
    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Simon. I like the colours too. I didn't have to do anything in the processing -- the colours came straight out of the camera like that.
    John

    ReplyDelete