Saturday, September 19, 2009

Julia

In the Ferry Building we bought ourselves artesinal cheese and bread and local pears for our evening snack. (They were all great!) I chatted with one of the locals about the "triple-cream" cheese he had just bought. He admitted that it might not make his life longer. I suggested it would certainly make his life richer.

He liked this, so I added that Julia Child had been horrified and appalled that any hint of concern for nutrition or health should make it's way into any discussion of cooking. He asked me if that was from her new "My Life in France". It was. Could I recommend it? "It's delicious, brimming over with life and the feeling and atmosphere of the food world of France." He said he would read it immediately, and now I wonder if he was flirting with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment