Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Roman Colour and Texture

Walking in Rome Bill and I are always struck by the colours
 chalky and intense.
 I find myself framing
details
as if I'm looking at paintings.
One morning we were walking between the Pantheon and the Piazza Navona
I looked up and there were the three colours of Rome -- pink, yellow and peach. 
 I never get tired of these colours.
 And I never get tired of the masonry 
that frames them.
 This is a pile of wood in a carpenter's shop. Look at the delicate plaster (stone?) frame of the door!
 Around every corner
 there is a fresh wonder
 unexpected
 gorgeous.
Those Roman colours again -- peach and pinky ochers.
And around another corner, the Goddess Juno keeps an eye on tourist and native alike.

7 comments:

  1. I have been waiting for the wall colour post from this trip!
    Fantastic as usual.
    Lisa RR

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post. i love these detail shots. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the encouragement, Jeffrey.
      John Elmslie

      Delete
  3. So beautiful. Such warm colours. I love these little gems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours of your life, always rosy.

    ReplyDelete