Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sketching at the Pantheon

While I was spending time in Santa Maria Sopra Minerva, Bill had gone to the Piazza della Rotonda to sketch in front of the Pantheon.

I found him sketching three vendors who ran a souvenir stand in front of the ancient monument.

I looked over his shoulder to see his sketch in process. He said he would be finished soon and that the vendors had already noticed him sketching and had had a peek at the watercolour.

I wandered around the piazza for a few minutes and when I returned he was satisfied with the sketches and went over to thank the vendors for being his models. One took a photo of the finished piece.

Here's what the finished watercolour looked like. And so Bill has begun to sketch in Rome.

 

2 comments:

  1. superbi disegni!!! I love Bill's work, these look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grazie, Shelley. It was fun to do and my models wanted to buy the sketch.

    ReplyDelete