Saturday, May 18, 2013

3rd lunch at Trattoria Cavalier Gino

Gino's serves the best traditional Roman cuisine we've experienced on this trip.
This week I started with pasta and fagioli (bean). That's a dribble of olive oil on the surface.
Bill caught me swooning over this sublime comfort food.
Bill had a dish he'd never tried before but had always wanted to taste: Ossobuco.
This gamble paid off in the rich, succulent flavour of the braised veal shank. That's our side of yummy green beans in the background.

I had another of the day's specials: Fetuccini with Porcini Mushrooms. Gino ground extra pecorino romano and parmesan cheese over all.
It was delicious.

2 comments:

  1. I love your pictures of food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jane. I sure love taking them, and then eating the evidence.

    ReplyDelete